Ethical and Effective Speech-Language Pathology Services Online CEU
Author: Cynthia D. Barnett, M.A., CCC-SLP
Board Recognized Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders. Cindy is retired after working with school age children in the Alachua County Schools, in Gainesville, Florida, as well as performing diagnostic videofluorographic swallowing evaluations and treatment for an area ENT group, and PRN in an acute care hospital. Read more
CEUs: .2 CEUs / 2 hours (Introductory level, Professional area)
Fulfills the States of Texas & Wisconsin 2 hour requirement for Ethics for SLPs, ASHA Approved
Online Course Fee: $60.00
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Define Ethics
- List the basic concept in each of the four areas of the Principles in the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- List two subtopics under each of the four Principles in the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- List two possible areas of censure by ASHA of Speech Language Pathologists.
- Name the subtopic under each Principle in the ASHA Code of Ethics that at best covers the following subjects that would prevent errors by an SLP:
- Radiation Safety during videofluoroscopy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the Anatomy of the Head and Neck
- Knowledge and Understanding of food allergies and diet restrictions
- Knowledge and Understanding of contraindications and precautions during a clinical examination by a Speech-Language Pathologist
- List the steps during a safe swallowing evaluation of a tracheostomized patient.
- List the indications and contraindications for the use of a Passy-Muir Valve.
- Understand and list the components, ses, and contraindications during an Endoscopic Assessment of Swallowing.
- Define dysphagia, aphasia, spasmodic dysphonia, apraxia, and dysarthria.
Approved for CEUs by the State of Florida Board of Medical Quality Assurance for licensure.
Download the PDF of the course in order to use the renewal feature the next licensure period” Contact Cindy by email when you are ready to renew your course. The renewal will be by surface mail only.
Online CEU Course Registration
TO REGISTER-CLICK ON REGISTER NOW
- CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
- BOOKMARK LOGIN PAGE
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE # PUT IN A ZERO (0)
- DOWNLOAD COURSE TO COMPUTER OR FLASH DRIVE AFTER COMPLETION TO USE FOR RENEWALS
- EMAIL CINDY AT email@example.com WITH QUESTIONS
- EMAIL DIGITAL CHALK firstname.lastname@example.org FOR COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IMPORTANT CEU CREDIT INFORMATION
MAKE SURE TO PRINT YOUR CEU CERTIFICATE IMMEDIATELY
- a. YOU MUST SEND PREVENTION OF MEDICAL ERRORS CERTIFICATE AND HIV TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA YOURSELF FOR INITIAL LICENSURE
ProCourse will input your credit for renewals on CEBroker with Florida license # that you submit during CREATE ACCOUNT