Ethics – A Guide to Best Practices in Audiology Online CEU
Author: Sarah Theodoroff, Ph.D., CCC-A
Sarah Theodoroff, Ph.D., CCC-A is a licensed audiologist in the state of Oregon. She has a strong background performing both clinical and research audiology. Throughout her career, Dr. Theodoroff has provided audiological services in a variety of work environments in Michigan, Illinois, and Oregon. Read more
CEUs: .2 CEUs / 2 hours (Introductory level, Related area)
Fulfills the States of Texas & Wisconsin 2 hour requirement for Ethics for Audiologists, ASHA Approved
Online Course Fee: $60.00
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- List a detail from each Code of Ethics principle.
- Define ethical principles in regards to audiology practice.
- Describe the difference between research misconduct and an honest mistake.
- List topics to cover in a cerumen management course
- List reasons to obtain medical clearance before being fit with hearing aids
- List things to examine during a biologic check of an audiometer
- List tests to use when non-organic hearing loss is suspected
- List clinical applications for otoacoustic emissions
- Explain the difference in information obtained in otoacoustic emissions and hearing testing
- Identify information obtained through a tinnitus assessment
Approved for CEUs by the State of Florida Board of Medical Quality Assurance for licensure.
This course is offered for .2 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area).
Download the PDF of the course in order to use the renewal feature the next licensure period” Contact Cindy by email when you are ready to renew your course. The renewal will be by surface mail only.
Online CEU Course Registration
TO REGISTER-CLICK ON REGISTER NOW
- CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
- BOOKMARK LOGIN PAGE
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE # PUT IN A ZERO (0)
- DOWNLOAD COURSE TO COMPUTER OR FLASH DRIVE AFTER COMPLETION TO USE FOR RENEWALS
- EMAIL CINDY AT email@example.com WITH QUESTIONS
- EMAIL DIGITAL CHALK firstname.lastname@example.org FOR COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IMPORTANT CEU CREDIT INFORMATION
MAKE SURE TO PRINT YOUR CEU CERTIFICATE IMMEDIATELY
- a. YOU MUST SEND PREVENTION OF MEDICAL ERRORS CERTIFICATE AND HIV TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA YOURSELF FOR INITIAL LICENSURE
ProCourse will input your credit for renewals on CEBroker with Florida license # that you submit during CREATE ACCOUNT
For ASHA credit, Print bubble sheet at the end of course, complete, scan and email to email@example.com ASHA credits are processed each quarter, and are credited the same calendar year that you complete your course