Prevention of Medical Errors for Audiologists Online CEU
Author: Sarah M. Theodoroff, Ph.D.
Author Sarah Melamed received her M.S. in speech and hearing science from Wayne State University in 1998. She worked as a clinical audiologist until 2002 and then pursued a Ph.D. degree (2002-2006). She obtained her Ph.D. in 2006 in audiology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Read more
CEUs: .2 CEUs / 2 hours (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Online Course Fee: $60.00
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- List topics to cover in a cerumen management course
- List reasons to obtain medical clearance before being fit with hearing aids
- List things to examine during a biologic check of an audiometer
- List tests to use when non-organic hearing loss is suspected
- List clinical applications for otoacoustic emissions
- Explain the difference in information obtained in otoacoustic emissions and hearing testing
- Identify information obtained through a tinnitus assessment
The same manual can be used for subsequent licensure periods for only $10 since this is a course we need every two years.
Download the PDF of the course in order to use the renewal feature the next licensure period” Contact Cindy by email when you are ready to renew your course or use the renewal form button below. The renewal will be by surface mail only.
Online CEU Course Registration
This program is offered for .2 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate level, Professional area).
This two hour continuing education activity satisfies the State of Florida requirement mandated in Rule 64B20-2.001, Florida Administrative Code, as required by s.456.013 (7), Florida Statute. It has been approved by the State of Florida Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Medical Quality Assurance to fulfill that requirement. ProCourse Provider #SPA-115
TO REGISTER-CLICK ON REGISTER NOW
- CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
- BOOKMARK LOGIN PAGE
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE # PUT IN A ZERO (0)
- DOWNLOAD COURSE TO COMPUTER OR FLASH DRIVE AFTER COMPLETION TO USE FOR RENEWALS
- EMAIL CINDY AT firstname.lastname@example.org WITH QUESTIONS
- EMAIL DIGITAL CHALK email@example.com FOR COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IMPORTANT CEU CREDIT INFORMATION
MAKE SURE TO PRINT YOUR CEU CERTIFICATE IMMEDIATELY
- a. YOU MUST SEND PREVENTION OF MEDICAL ERRORS CERTIFICATE AND HIV TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA YOURSELF FOR INITIAL LICENSURE
ProCourse will input your credit for renewals on CEBroker with Florida license # that you submit during CREATE ACCOUNT
For ASHA credit, Print bubble sheet at the end of course, complete, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org ASHA credits are processed each quarter, and are credited the same calendar year that you complete your course