Prevention of Medical Errors for Speech Language Pathologists Online CEU
Author: Cynthia D. Barnett, M.A., CCC-SLP
Board Recognized Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders. Cindy is presently retire after working with school age children in the Alachua County Schools, in Gainesville, Florida, as well as performing diagnostic videofluorographic swallowing evaluations and treatment for an area ENT group, and PRN in an acute care hospital. Read more
CEUs: This program is offered for 0.2 CEUs (Introductory level; Professional area).
Online Course Fee: $60.00
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the structures of the head and neck.
- List common diet restrictions and food allergies that might impact patient safety during a dysphagia evaluation or client treatment.
- List the precautions that need to be taken by SLPs during videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluations in Radiology to insure to theirs and their patient’s safety.
- List medications that may cause dysphagia.
- List the situations that need to be taken into consideration during a clinical bedside dysphagia evaluation.
- Identify the steps necessary in safely managing tracheostomized patients.
- List the precautions that need to be taken for the care and use of a Passy-Muir Valve with tracheostomized and/or ventilator
- Identify the knowledge and skills necessary for performing Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing.
- List three different outcome measures used by Speech-Language Pathologists.
The same course can be used for subsequent licensure periods for only $10 since this is a course we need every two years.
This two hour continuing education activity satisfies the State of Florida requirement mandated in Rule 64B20-2.001, Florida Administrative Code, as required by s.456.013 (7), Florida Statute. It has been approved by the State of Florida Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Medical Quality Assurance to fulfill that requirement. ProCourse Provider #SPA-115
Download the PDF of the course in order to use the renewal feature the next licensure period” Contact Cindy by email when you are ready to renew your course. The renewal will be by surface mail only.
Online CEU Course Registration
TO REGISTER-CLICK ON REGISTER NOW
- CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
- BOOKMARK LOGIN PAGE
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE # PUT IN A ZERO (0)
- DOWNLOAD COURSE TO COMPUTER OR FLASH DRIVE AFTER COMPLETION TO USE FOR RENEWALS
- EMAIL CINDY AT email@example.com WITH QUESTIONS
- EMAIL DIGITAL CHALK firstname.lastname@example.org FOR COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IMPORTANT CEU CREDIT INFORMATION
MAKE SURE TO PRINT YOUR CEU CERTIFICATE IMMEDIATELY
- a. YOU MUST SEND PREVENTION OF MEDICAL ERRORS CERTIFICATE AND HIV TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA YOURSELF FOR INITIAL LICENSURE
ProCourse will input your credit for renewals on CEBroker with Florida license # that you submit during CREATE ACCOUNT