HIV for Healthcare Providers Self Study CEU
Author: Cynthia D. Barnett, M.A., CCC-SLP, BRS-S
Board Recognized Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders. Cindy is presently working with school age children in the Alachua County Schools, in Gainesville, Florida, as well as performing diagnostic videofluorographic swallowing evaluations and treatment for an area ENT group, and PRN in an acute care hospital. Read more
CEUs: Approved for CEUs by the State of Florida Board of Medical Quality Assurance for licensure.
.2 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area)
Fee: $30 (Free shipping when ordered with other course) Shipping $12.35 when ordered alone
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify situations that may exacerbate the spread of HIV/AIDS
- Define terms associated with current knowledge regarding HIV/AIDS
- List and identify current standards in healthcare associated with safe practices for containing suspected HIV/AIDS infections
- Identify the numbers in the United States and worldwide that reflect people affected by HIV/AIDS
- List and define the current drugs used in the treatment of HIV/AIDS
- List associated disease processes found in HIV/AIDS patients
There are review questions at the end of each section, and a post test at the end of the course. Once the post test is completed and a score of 80% or above is reached, a CEU certificate is issued to the participant.
Approved for CEUs by the State of Florida Board of Medical Quality Assurance for licensure.
This course is offered for .2 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).