Prevention of Medical Errors for Audiologists Self Study CEU
Author: Sarah Melamed Theodoroff, Ph.D.
Author Sarah Melamed received her M.S. in speech and hearing science from Wayne State University in 1998. She worked as a clinical audiologist until 2002 and then pursued a Ph.D. degree (2002-2006). She obtained her Ph.D. in 2006 in audiology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Read more
CEUs: .2 CEUs / 2 hours (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Fee: $60.00 Shipping: $12.35 Total: $72.35
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- List topics to cover in a cerumen management course
- List reasons to obtain medical clearance before being fit with hearing aids
- List things to examine during a biologic check of an audiometer
- List tests to use when non-organic hearing loss is suspected
- List clinical applications for otoacoustic emissions
- Explain the difference in information obtained in otoacoustic emissions and hearing testing
- Identify information obtained through a tinnitus assessment
The same manual can be used for subsequent licensure periods for only $10 since this is a course we need every two years.