Prevention of Medical Errors for Speech Language Pathologists Self Study CEU
Author: Cynthia D. Barnett, M.A., CCC-SLP, BRS-S
Board Recognized Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders. Cindy is presently working with school age children in the Alachua County Schools, in Gainesville, Florida, as well as performing diagnostic videofluorographic swallowing evaluations and treatment for an area ENT group, and PRN in an acute care hospital. Read more
CEUs: This program is offered for 0.2 CEUs (Introductory level; Professional area).
Fee: $60.00 Shipping: $12.35 Total: $72.35
At the successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the structures of the head and neck.
- List common diet restrictions and food allergies that might impact patient safety during a dysphagia evaluation or client treatment.
- List the precautions that need to be taken by SLPs during videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluations in Radiology to insure to theirs and their patient’s safety.
- List medications that may cause dysphagia.
- List the situations that need to be taken into consideration during a clinical bedside dysphagia evaluation.
- Identify the steps necessary in safely managing tracheostomized patients.
- List the precautions that need to be taken for the care and use of a Passy-Muir Valve with tracheostomized and/or ventilator
- Identify the knowledge and skills necessary for performing Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing.
- List three different outcome measures used by Speech-Language Pathologists.
The same manual can be used for subsequent licensure periods for only $10 since this is a course we need every two years.